What a Week

Well, many random thoughts this week about politics, history, and culture.

* So, I finally set up my Facebook account, and yes I actually had to have my wife, who has had her account for many more months help me set it up. Needless to say, she found this quite amusing. (See how she likes changing the ink cartridges or toner) I must say, it was pretty cool, I actually found some of my high school classmates, as well as some of my Naval Academy classmates. And of course, there is an Iphone app for Facebook so I can stay tuned in on the road. I hope Obambi doesn't figure out a way to tax Facebook.

* I bet the management at Ford is laughing their butts off at GM and Chrysler. Once those two companies die off, unfortunately taking billions of our dollars with them, Ford is going to look darn good. Glad I bought a 2008 Edge, although it would have been kinda cool seeing Obama or Hillary change the oil in that thing, now that the guvment is in the car care business (can you say Yugo?)

* I sometimes wonder if Hillary isn't intentionally screwing over Obamabi in the foreign protocol department. I mean seriously, an IPod for the Queen...oyyyy Nancy Reagan must be shaking her head and I know Ronnie is probably spinning in his grave, (to the right of course). I mean, setting aside the fact that Obambi is an empty suit who probably knows less about protocol than he does about economics and foreign policy, aren't there plenty of State Department flunkies to deal with that...and don't they work for Hillary. Hmmmm

* If I were a conspiracy buff, I would wonder why Hillary has been conspicuously absent from all of Obambi's economic discussions. I know she is Secretary of State and the economy isn't really her portfolio, but seriously, if his plan was a winner, Hillary, ever the politician, would want to be associated with it, wouldn't she?

* Which leads me to wonder if Hillary is going to do a triple Lyndy double somersault and set herself up to "save" the Democratic Party in 2012 when Obamabi completely tanks the economy. I mean seriously, other than completely loons like James Carville, who actually thinks that Obambi best represented America at this week's G-20 summit?

* Finally, I almost forgot to mention that this is the bicentennial of Abraham Lincoln's birth (who was a Republican by the way) and there are several really good books out to celebrate.
Here are a couple I picked up from Amazon.

This is the new biography on Lincoln and is supposed to be one of the best ones in decades. I have started it and it is very good.





This is the new book by James McPherson on Lincoln's development as Commander in Chief during the Civil War. Haven't read this yet...it's on my summer list.





* Speaking of Amazon, I had an order get lost in the mail and I called Amazon. The very helpful, friendly and, of course, foreign, customer service rep offered to replace my books with no fuss or muss and they arrived in 2 days. This is why I love this place.

Comments