SOOOO much history, so little time.

Random thoughts...

It never occurred to me HOW much military history is going on right now...

  • 200th anniversary of Napoleonic Wars...argh 1813...uhhh. the Battle of Leipzig?
  • 200th anniversary of the War of 1812...when we last fought Canada, eh?
  • 150th anniversary of the Civil War...1863 style...a major year in the war...argh...how am I gonna get to Gettysburg this year.
  • coming up on the 100th anniversary of World War I...wow...my great-grandfather was alive during WWI...hmmm...that makes me old and grouchy.
  • 30 years since Beirut and Grenada, my introductions to war since they happened while I was a midshipman at Canoe U....and still unreported and unappreciated for what the represented in American military history.
  • and...the 10th anniversary of the Iraq War..still one of the most poorly analyzed and covered wars in American history..mostly due to the pinko-commie liberal bent of the media and historians...sadly, even some military historians......something that is only now being corrected...sort of...slowly...
The amount of new and improved...and dare I say revisionist scholarship being done is really amazing...and I am happy to be around and read it...when I can...

SO many books...so little time....

Comments