Another highly anticipated brain break

So, the final of my long-awaited, long library waiting list brain break books arrived this weekend and was quickly consumed like a box of Ding-Dongs.  Ok, yes, we had a box of those too...Go Hostess!

So I have to say, I was skeptical of this book at the beginning, but it turned out to be one of my favorite JD Robb books in recent memory.  She takes a real mystery thriller risk by making it pretty darn obvious who the killer is (no spoiler here) and the book really morphs into a "chase the psychopath" tale, which is very, very well done. 

The pace, tension and usual outstanding character development  make this a real pager turner.  And, of course the usual witty banter between Eve and Roarke that really makes them a welcome member of my bedside table twice a year.  I was worried this series was really losing its luster, especially after 36...yup, 36 titles.  But I am very happy to say that there seems to always be some new surprise that JD nee Nora Roberts can pull out of the hat.  The only small nit I had was that one of the things I was looking forward to with this book is extended time with Roarke's Irish family..after all the book is set during Thanksgiving.  The actual time with the family story was disappointingly small.  Hopefully she will fix this problem in a future book...I hopefully foresee a wonderful plot line that takes Eve and Roarke to Ireland...are you listening JD?

Anyway, if you are a fan, pick this one up....it is a quick nugget of escapism and fun.

Comments