Brain Candy Books

Took some time off now that I am done with the M.A. to catch up on some fiction.

I started with one of my favorite authors, JD Robb and the new In Death Book

I have read all of these books and they are all good, but, of course some of them are better than others.  THIS is one of the better ones, since I have to say the last couple have been sort of formulaic.  Of course the entire series is a massive formula, but it works, even through 25+ books.

Treachery in Death was literally impossible to put down and I really, really wanted Eve Dallas to open up a big can of whupp ass by the end.  Not a ton of secondary or primary character development, unlike some of the other books, but plenty of action.  Even though you know Eve is gonna win, you still want to follow all the details.  If you haven't started this series, you should.  If you have been a fan, pick up this book.



Brad Meltzer's new book is the first one of his novels I have read, since I have seen so many good reviews.  I was expecting a serious historical mystery, but it definitely was not a traditional historical mystery like, say Da Vinci Code.  I have to say that overall, I thought it was okay, but not great.  I was a little surprised by the end and the plot definitely kept moving along, but I think jumping into the middle of his books caused me to miss some plot build-up.  I will give him another look with some of his earlier works, since it appears his novels do peripherally build upon each other.

Comments