Burr under my saddle....

So, I was working on another brilliant strategic analysis post...as there are so many to be written about the bumbling, ineffective, and stupidly dangerous foreign policy of this Administration, when I came upon this little gem:
  
A List of Cliven Bundy's Supporters, Now That We Know He's a Pro-Slavery Racist

Now, knowing that it's from Atlantic Wire, a typical lefty rag enamored with all things Obama and the progressive left or as I call it the "prog left", I figured it was a typical hit piece.

Which it was...DUH...

However, being the contrarian, independent thinker that I am...and therefore dangerous to the "Four legs good, two legs better" sheeple of the prog left...I read said article and went "Meh."  Yup, didn't bother me at all.

Now Cliven Bundy is apparently not a public speaker...not as smooth and cool as Smilin' Joe Biden (really, do you want to go there....???) or Teleprompter Barry...and, ok, let's face it, the guy is a little rough around the edges.

“That’s exactly what I said. I said I’m wondering if they’re better off under government subsidy, and their young women are having the abortions and their young men are in jail, and their older women and their children are standing, sitting out on the cement porch without nothing to do, you know, I’m wondering: Are they happier now under this government subsidy system than they were when they were slaves, and they was able to have their family structure together, and the chickens and garden, and the people had something to do? And so, in my mind I’m wondering, are they better off being slaves, in that sense, or better off being slaves to the United States government, in the sense of the subsidies. I’m wondering. That’s what. And the statement was right. I am wondering.”
Therefore the prog left is breathless with righteous indignation...screaming "RACIST, RACIST" as they are wont to do......ok, no big surprise there.  And of course, the lefty media is ALL IN to point out any smear they can to save the sinking ship of Democratic political prospects as the Obamacare debacle comes to full fruition and the awesome summer recovery....ooops "recovery" plods on.

AND, even ignoring the fact that the guy is entitled to his opinions, as repugnant as they may be to some people...I mean Jeremiah Wright offends me to no end...do I get to ask him to shut the hell up?  What about Eric Holder, Obama himself, Hillary, Chris Matthews, practically everyone on MSNBC...I think they are kooks and racists (against white people)...do I get to call them names?

So, for a little intellectual exercise...let's try to civilize Mr. Bundy's basic premise and put it into a more genteel question that will only make the prog left fume instead of splutter spittle.  To Whit:

Has the welfare state built by LBJ and the Great Society--combined with the graft, corruption and mismanagement of inner city governments in places like Detroit and Washington DC--in effect built a new plantation class of African-Americans trapped in an endless cycle of welfare, broken schools, and economic malaise?  Consequently has the breakdown in the family structure in these cities contributed to the hopelessness, crime, drugs, and despair that has caused a disproportionate number of young black males to turn to drugs and crime as their only way out?
I would love to debate the so-called Southern Poverty Law Center on that bad boy...  Schmucks that they are...ooops, name-calling.

I mean how can the prog left look at places like DC, where the entire city government has been run by African-American Democrats for decades and say the problems are caused by racism?  

Well, of course they can...with a straight face...cuz that's what the prog left does...FACTS!  We don't need no stinkin' facts...all you TEABAGGERS are just racist....all you white people just want to enslave the black race...blah, blah, blah.

Typically, I assume reasoning with a prog leftie is the same as reasoning with a kamikaze pilot...I would say jihadi suicide bomber, but then I might be culturally insensitive.

SO, that's the burr under my saddle.  Cliven Bundy...great American or pro-slavery racist?  Well, who knows...maybe we should ask LBJ the same question, or Bull Connor...they were both great progressive Democrats in their day....

Comments