Time Slipped Away

So much to comment on, so little time. I spent the last week on London on business. Great beer (warm still), excellent Imperial War Museum and tasty bangers and mash & fish and chips:

1) When Obambi finishes apologizing and blaming the "previous Administration" for everything from global warming to Hugo Chavez's general ugliness, maybe he should start planning for evacuating our troops from Afghanistan when Pakistan goes to complete and total sh--. It's really only a matter of when, not if, the country collapses on itself like a black hole and becomes history's first nuclear armed terrorist state. That would leave about 30,000 U.S. troops with the task of fighting there way down to the Indian Ocean for evacuation, since our status in Afghanistan would be pretty suspect at best. I hope Obambi and his national security team is reading up on their Xenophon.

2) I continue to be pretty darn happy I bought a Ford and I am really happy I do my banking with Navy Federal Credit Union. I figure the government will take only a few years to run GM and most of the banks they gave TARP money to become just as efficient as the Post Office, Amtrak and your local DMV.

3) If the recent swine flu epidemic isn't the final wake up call to CLOSE, CLOSE, CLOSE the southern border with Mexico, then the entire Obama Administration should be put up on charges of criminal negligence. Hey, here's an idea, let's take all of those new Americorps, Job Corps, or Obama Corps or whatever paid "volunteers" and let them walk the border to keep out plague bearing illegals. Or better yet, every Dimmicritter Congressmen that wants to vote for amnesty and open borders can have those new "undocumented" folks live at their house....that seems fair.

4) Although I am all for eliminating government waste, I find it pretty darn suspicious that apparently the Obambi Administration thinks the only waste, fraud and abuse going on in government is funding the war in Iraq and buying new weapons systems. I mean, come on, don't you think there is a little sumthin, sumthin going on at HUD, Fannie, Freddie, or virtually ANY OTHER cabinet or agency within the government. What this tells me is that Obambi, like other misguided, naive and utterly foolish Presidents, believes in plowshares and not swords, not knowing that the guy with the sword (and the turban) will take your plowshare. This is foolishness of the first order, and was expected by yours truly. Look for more peace dividends as the next Congressional and Presidential elections draw near.

5) And finally, we come to Carrie Prejean, Miss California 2009 and likely future Fox News Broadcaster. My wife used to make me, no really I never wanted to watch the swimsuit competition, watch all the pageants when we were first married before they were horribly mutated by the Donald. But I must say I admire the moxie of this young (sigh) woman and her honesty. The idiotic judge who asked the questions, clearly a paragon of "mainstream journalism" is clearly not worth contempt. I had to actually ask my wife who Perez Hilton was, I thought it was Paris' sister or something, silly me. Anyway, obviously Carrie was robbed, but fear not, I suspect she will be on Fox and Friends for many years to come. :)

Comments